007 - Garlic Butter on Toast
Updated: Apr 2
Homemade Garlic Butter is the easiest way to make anybody think that you know what you are doing in the kitchen. Why don’t more people make their own garlic butter? No matter your skills in the kitchen. You can make garlic butter. If you want to start anywhere, here is a good place to start.
Thanks to my mom for this one. She has been making garlic butter for years and it is always so satisfying to eat.
Parsley – Dried or fresh
Bowl or any surface you can leave your butter on.
1. Finely chop the garlic.
2. Put butter in a bowl, add the chopped garlic, parsley and salt
3. Mix with a fork
4. Use with anything savory. Particularly good on potatoes.
Time to Prepare
4 minutes or less
Prep Before Trip
Either prepare the garlic butter before your trip or make it while on your trip. The people around you will be amazed if you make it right in front of them.
In this video I was mainly trying out an outdoor toaster. I can’t really recommend buying the toaster unless you find it for dirt cheap in a second hand shop like I did. This video is in Portrait because it was made for Instagram Saved Stories, it is still there.
· It’s easier to mix it together if the butter is at room temperature
· That being said at home I usually forget to take the butter out of the fridge before making gralic butter. If you use a fork you can mix it together even when the butter is cold.
· Of course use a garlic press if you have it.
· You want to pack the garlic butter really well in your backpack. Otherwise you might have garlic taste of much of your other food. For this reason I prefer to make it for each meal that I make and use it.
· Add garlic butter to a freeze-dried mountain meal and it will be incredible.
· Garlic butter on everything savory.
· You can add other spices to the garlic butter such as chili, curry, cumin, coriander etc
If you buy these products with the affiliate links, I will get a small percentage without making the price higher for you Win-Win. I only recommend items that I use AND would recommend in real life.
(Blog post made 30.Jul.19)