003 – Pancakes 1 – Shake&Bake
Updated: Apr 2
If you aren’t already. You should start to make pancakes. Even the Shake&Bake mixtures are great in field. It is especially great if you find fresh berries to top it with.
Thanks to White Meadow Farms in Canada for the maple syrup. I actually got it as a tip in Iceland when guiding.Their maple syrup is incredibly good and they have very handy 100ml plastic jugs which fit nicely in your cooking kit. This is not paid promotion. I just really liked this maple syrup.
Pancake mix, dry
Butter (or Margarine)
Maple Syrup or other topping of choice
1. Mix the pancake mix with water and milk powder in a bowl or a pot.
2. Heat up a pan, butter the pan.
3. Pour a bit of the pancake mix onto the pan.
4. When bubbles stop forming and the edge is becoming solid, flip the pancake over.
5. Heat for half a minute or so and take it off.
6. Make some more pancakes
Click image to see video on Instagram in Saved Stories. This video is made in portrait mode.
· First pancake usually gets messed up
· You want the dough to be thick but liquid
· Some days it just does not seem to work at all
· Most Shake&Bake dry pancake mixes say that you need to add an egg. In my opinion you can usually skip it and add liquid instead.
· This is so simple and people really apreciate it.
· You might need to tap-dry the pan with paper. Bring some paper with you.
Savotta Grumpy Stove – Wood fire stove – I got this one for Christmas of 2017 after talking about how cool it is every time I saw it. It is a fun stove. There are better wood fire stoves, but this one is the grumpy stove. It’s nice to take photos of it as well. It packs flat and comes with a storage bag.
Savotta Happy Stove – Woodfire stove – This is the happy brother of the Grumpy Stove. Maybe you prefer that one.
Savotta Big Bad Stove – Woodfire Stove (XL) – This is a bigger stove than the Grumpy and Happy stoves. I think this one would be better to cook with because it is bigger in size.
If you buy these products with the afiiliate links I will get a small precentage without making the price higher for you Win-Win. I only reccomend items that I use AND would recommend in real life.
(Blog post made 29.Jul.19)